Vaastu Ground Rules
The following are the ground rules suggested to derive maximum benefits for industrial structures.
- The North-South length of the industrial workplace (both plot and building) should be substantially larger than the East-West breadth. When this rule is applied, the perimeter of a factory projected to solar radiation is minimized and it will result in a cool, comfortable and healthy environment. As increased North-South axis also enables activities to follow an ordered and disciplined pattern.
- The main factory building should be placed in the South-West zone of the plot and aligned in such a manner that the North-South axis of the structure is aligned with the geometric axis of the plot. The shape of the factory building should only be rectangular.
- It is preferable for the administrative block to be in the Eastern sector and the main office building in the Northern sector.
- It is also advised to increase the plinth level of the Southwest sector by about 4" to 6", The raising and loading of the Southwest can really compensate for the imbalance in matter and energy, In a factory, 18" thick walls are recommended for the Southwest zone (for both South and West walls) to balance the resultant flux arising out of the imbalanced interaction between solar flux and geomagnetic flux.
- The roof of the factory should slope only towards the North, East and the Northeast.
- Any sloping towards the South, West and Southwest directions will affect the financial status of the unit
- The main gate and the main entrance of the factory should be located in the Northeastern sector, either from the Eastern Northeast or from the Northern Northeast. Providing an entrance in both these directions is most welcoming. Generally, an Eastern entry is recommended for the workers and a Northern entry is preferable for the factory owners and executives. Where a Northeast entrance cannot be provided, the entrance can be either in the Southern South-east in the Western North-west.
- The open spaces in the North and the East of the plot should be preferably tvvice as much as those in the South and West.
- As far as possible, openings and ventilators in the South and West zones should be mirrimized. The maximum number of opening should be in the East, North and North-East sectors.
- The office building of the factory can be best located towards the North or East of the main factory building. While constructing the office building, care should be taken that the overall open space in the East is more than that in the West, and the overall space in the North is more than that is the South.
- The compound walls in the North and East side of the factory should be lower and lighter.
- The external godown for raw materials should, preferably, be placed in the South-west corner of the factory.
- External weight-bridges are to be placed in the Central-North or Central-East portion of the factory, away from the compound wall.
- The provision of an additional floor in the Southwest zone wiil also add strength to the financial position of the industry.
- Any water body such as an underground sump, well, borewell, etc. should preferably be located in the North-East sector, Alternatively it could be in the Eastern Sector towards East In fact, exposed water bodies in the North or Northeast zone are abundant sources of positive energy as the sunlight is polarized in the transverse direction by these water surfaces. How¬ever, overhead tanks are to be provided only in the Western or Southern zones. But there should not be any toilet in the Northeast sector.
- Heat, electric and thermal activities viz. boiler, furnace, generator should be in the Southeast sector. The control room with the main electrical mains and other switchgear controls should also be located in the Southeast zone.
- Activities involving heavy loads, heavy equipment, heavy machinery, etc. Should be carried on in the Southwest sector of the factory.
- Finished products should be stored in the Northwest zone of the factory. This will facilitate movement of these products to the market faster.
- Staff quarters, car park, cycle stands, guest rooms, toilet are to be located in NOlih west or South East sector and the structure should not touch North or East compound walls.
- The Security room should face only North or East and it should not touch the compound walls in the North and East. It is not advisable to attach a toilet or construct the security rooms in any of the comers.
- Septic tanks in the factory should be located only the Northwest zone.
- Accounts and legal activity can be carried out in the Eastern sector.
- Research and development department should ideally be situated in the North-east zone (Eashanya). A factory temple or a prayer hall, if necessary, can be located in the Northeastern sector, with the height being lower than the main factory building.
- Senior and important executives should face the North (Kubera) with their sitting position in the Southwest zone; whereas staff and workers should face East (Indira).
- The following colour schemes can also improve the Vaastu characteristics of a factory.
- Dark and grey colours are recommended for the South-west zone.
- Red or Pink for the South-east zone. Glossy white/yellow for the Northeast.
- Blue or green for the North-west.
- white marble for the Northeast sector and pink or red stones in the Southeast zones will also promote energy balancing.
- To produce products of good quality in a factory, the Western 5ide should be more elevated than Eastern side and more open space should be provided in the Eastern side: to increase the cash flow the Southern side of the factory building should be elevated and there should be more open space in the Northern side than in South.
- Dumping of waste in the North east or in the open North or East will disturb the positive energies of the plot.
- Land and buildings should be aligned by compass for North-South and marked.
- All corrections are to be made in the land before commencement of construction. Ensure 90° in the South-West corner of the land always; cut in the south-west corner is allowed but the land to be corrected for 90°
- Gate height should be aligned to the compound wall height; avoid arches in the gate.
- Coconut, jack, plantain, pomegranate, grape, neem, mango, lime, mullai, jasmine can be planted in the South/West part of the land. Tulsi, mango, karpooravalli, green chilli plants can be planted in North/East or South.
- Tamarind, agathi, nelli, pepper, wood apple, vilva, drum stick, cotton, palmyra, erukku, castor, king, banyan, all thorny and milking plants should not be planted in any part of the house.
- When selecting a land for factory or residence the land should be free from Ant hills.
- Good months for digging well in a new plot - April 14 to July 15 - Chithirai, vaigasi, Ani (Tamil)
From Bhagwat Gita
"They Who perform their work offering all results to me, who hold their hearts and minds steadfast in me in whatever they do, who worship their work, to them I offer the platform. Doubt it not that they will inexorably reach the top. "
- Bhagwat Gita 12.6/12.8